Friday, January 20, 2012

Utopia

Here is a piece I did last year as well, but hadn't posted on the internet until now. We were asked in my drawing class to make a concept for Utopia, and this is what I produced for it. I'm not sure what was going through my head at that moment, but I still rather like the concept. I think I was trying to make my own representation of Mother Earth/Gaia? My professor did ask me why she was crying, and I wasn't really prepared for it, but I quickly replied, "Well, even though she's suffering, she's still happy to make the sacrifice for her children." I think that still holds true.

I'm not really happy with how I handled the balancing of the Sun and the Moon, nor with the UTOPIA on the top; I still do think the Goddess is pretty. Maybe I'll return to this some day.

No comments: