Saturday, June 13, 2009

I went to look up my pen name (ameart) on google.com for fun, and found that almost everything that pops up belongs to me. My twitter, and blogspot popped up, as well as my old freewebs web site turned up. It kind of weirds me out, and I really don't know why.

At any rate, here is one of my latest finished products, a birthday drawing I did for my friend, Kyle. Its of his character Steff. He requested a girl character of his, and I wanted to go ahead and draw her nude - however, I still wanted it tasteful (atleast, in my eye, this is tasteful). I was thinking I should have put a greek-like outfit on her for public eye, because I've given my Dad this account, but I don't even think he checks it and its just... ah. What the heck, you know? Plus, I'm pretty sure if Michaelangelo could get away with a naked statue, that I'm in the clear for badgering.

I swear, I don't draw naked ladies all the time. Why in the world do I need to justify myself for these kind of drawings? Its just a drawing, for gods sake.


Anyways, I guess that's all I have to say for now. I'm often sitting at my computer these days, wondering what I should draw for San Japan; I've got ideas, and I've sketched things, but thats it for now.


(EDIT: I felt this journal entry was rather depressing so I edited a lot of it out to cut out on the venting that should be left in private to friends; I have great news though, after I wrote it out, I really sat down and drew... and drew... and drew! So, maybe my lack of motivation was just because I needed to express myself in writing. To those who took t he time to read it, bless you for having patience. Back to art we go!)


1 comment:

Unknown said...

You're not a little girl anymore, and it's not like you're drawing hardcore sex. Just a tasteful nude here and there. I don't think that'd really offend anyone. My folks have undoubtedly seen my nude drawings on DA.